Entering an Item
Edit Link Page
Edit Non-Catalog Pages
Running a Sale
Making your site live
Print Friendly Version or 800 x 600 Resolution
This Section Has Three Parts:
1) Setting Store Item Thumbnail Sizes
2) Setting Menu Thumbnail Sizes
3) Image Management
Back to Top
Thumbnail & Image Management
You have two types of thumbnails in your store: Product Thumbnails and Menu Thumbnails.
1. The default size of the Product Thumbnails is 100 pixels. To set them to a different size, click on Store Configuration, Store Item Thumbnail Settings.
2. Click on the drop down arrow next to Thumbnail Size to change the setting. WARNING: Setting the thumbnail images to a larger size will cause your product pages to download much more slowly.
3. Finally, you must click on "Build Thumbnail Images" to tell the software to generate new thumbnails for every item in your store. This may take a while, depending on the number of items in your store.
1. The default setting for your menu thumbnails is 100 pixels. If you want to change that, go to Store Configuration, Menu Settings.
2. Click the down arrow next to "Thumbnail Size" to select the size you want.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Update Menu Settings.
The Image Manager is a new addition to the software. It gives you extensive options to manage the image files in your main item image directory on the server.
This directory tends to get cluttered with a lot of outdated and unused image files as you add and delete items. Now you can check for broken images, images not being used, display images, and many other options.
1. Go to "Store Maintenace" and click on "Image Management".
2. First you will need to build the Image Database. Click on "Build Image Database".
3. Next you'll want to display your database. Click on "HTML display of files....
4. You'll see a listing similar to this. It gives filename, type, size, width, height, date, and most importantly, a link to the image so that you can look at it :) Any images that are NOT being used (there is no link to them from the store software) will be marked as UNKNOWN.
5. You can also display a listing of the UNUSED images only by clicking on "HTML Display of Unused Files".
6. It is here that you are able to archive unused images. Simply check off the images you want to archive and then click on "Archive Selected Image Files".
7. To restore any of these archived images later, click on "Restore Archived Images".
8. Another new feature is the "Check Store Images" option. This option checks for broken image links in your store database. It also checks for items without thumbnail images. Broken Links will be shown in red, items without thumbnail images will be shown in Yellow.
9. Finally, you can generate an Excel file of the contents of your image directory that you can either view online or download to your computer for offline viewing.